Friday, September 7, 2012

The Week of the Chair

Was watching some Breaking Bad, got fixated on the Mariachis.

Thumbnailing for the sake of thumbnailing, didnt have much of an idea of what I wanted, though it was a healthy release of ideas.

Started messing around with some bigger value/toned thumbs, still not 100% sure what I'm going for.

Meshed some of the previous thumbs together to achieve some of these details, then of course I split what I had and made it symmetrical.

...And after a lot of overlay sketching and transforming, (and food), I developed a composition that was starting to make sense. It wasn't until I added the pelvis that I really pushed for the finish. Maybe it was the anthropomorphic information that made it work for me. Freestyle is fine, but I suppose you can't ground a piece until it can be at least partially recognized in some realistic manner. Wether it is organic or artificial, these visual cues are a lifeline for imaginative work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment